New Leaf?

I've been feeling in a bit of a funk lately. I've been down on my self, getting into the whole 'I suck at this that and the other thing'. Then I gave myself a little shake and realized that if I don't like something about myself, then I'm the only one who can fix it.

So, right after breakfast I got dressed and got to work. I spent the entire day being Suzy Homemaker. From 9:30am I cleaned..I started with Cameron's laundry, then did his room, then the bathroom, then my room and my laundry, then lunch. Then Quintin's room (OMG you wouldn't believe the mess!), and Quintin's laundry. Then the living room, James's laundry, then the kitchen. Then I made pizza, then finished with the kitchen. Then I vacuumed all the floors, and then had dinner. That was at 6:30pm.

*whew* I cleaned for 9 freakin' hours!! The sad part is that I still have to clean the kitchen floor, water my plants, fold one load and dry and fold another. Oh, and I have to pack for the weekend.

We're going to my parent's for Easter, leaving after breakfast tomorrow and staying for the weekend. James doesn't get the Monday off, so we have to come back on Sunday. I have to try really hard not to forget the kids Easter goodies here. I'm really looking forward to having someone else cook for me and watch my children. James and I even get to go out for a movie... he wants to see 'Observe and Report'. Looks funny enough, I guess.

Whoops, tangent.

Anyway, what I'm hoping is that at the beginning of every day, if I can get dressed and do what needs to be done (cleaning, laundry, whatever), then I'll have the rest of the day to do homework or just relax, and hopefully that'll help me prioritize and feel more in control of things. We'll see how it works after the weekend, cuz you can be sure I'm going to be doing a whole lot of ass sitting for the next few days.

Happy Chocolate Egg Day!!

0 comments: